Employee Enrichment Day
CPR/AED course to be held Aug. 25; deadline to register is Aug. 18
UW-L Police Officer Dave Pehl will conduct a cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED) course from 9 a.m.-noon Monday, Aug. 25, in the Police Services Building, 605 17th St. N.
The CPR/AED course is an American Heart Association course. Upon completion participants receive certification from the AHA that is good for two years. Cost is $20.
To register, email Pehl at email@example.com no later than Monday, Aug. 18.
If the course is full, registrants will be put on a waiting list for the next class.
News and upcoming events
Football tickets now on sale | Single game and season tickets
All-Sport passes now on sale
Group outings and fan information
Maroon Platoon student fan section
- Maroon Platoon T-shirt design contest
- Maroon Platoon Palooza
- Mascot tryouts
- 6th Man Student Fan Challenge
- Become part of the UW-L athletics tradition today
- 2014 L-Club brochure
- Click here for more information about the L-Club and upcoming events
- UWLEAGLEFAN (UWL EAGLE FAN)
- Follow the Athletic Director on Twitter: @UWLAXAD
July 15, 2014
- Megan Denison, residence hall director, Office of Residence Life
- Jude Legiste, residence hall director, Office of Residence Life
- Allyson Plattner, residence hall director, Office of Residence Life
July 21, 2014
- Jenny Larson, student services coordinator, Recreational Sports
- Matthew Schneider, student services coordinator, Recreational Sports
July 28, 2014
- Patty Fairchild, administrative program specialist, Information Technology Services
- Brittney Greeno, development specialist, Research & Sponsored Programs
August 1, 2014
- Matthew Andre, assistant professor, Exercise and Sport Science Department
- Katherine Beggs, associate student services coordinator, Admissions Office
- Liz Bergeron, assistant professor, Educational Studies Department
- Katherine Evans, assistant professor, Recreation Management & Therapeutic Recreation Department
- Liz Humrickhouse-Lee, assistant professor, Library
- Daniel Hyson, assistant professor, Psychology Department
- Andrew Jagim, assistant professor, Exercise and Sport Science Department
- Barbara Johnson, assistant professor, Health Professions Department
- Jim Parejko, assistant professor, Microbiology Department
- Daniel Plunkett, assistant professor, Recreation Management & Therapeutic Recreation Department
- Nancy Richeson, associate professor, Recreation Management & Therapeutic Recreation Department
- Jessica Sim, assistant professor, Psychology Department
- Victoria Svoboda, assistant professor, Student Affairs Administration Department
- Nathan Warnberg, assistant professor, Mathematics Department
UW-L in the news
A summary of some of the stories about UW-La Crosse spotted in the news.
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse is staying eco-friendly while upgrading its residence halls. In preparation for the new school year, the residence life staff spent a week sending nearly seven hundred tons of old bed frames to recycling…
Deadline to nominate women for 2014 YWCA Tribute to Outstanding Woman Award is Aug. 11
UW-L’s Organization of Campus Women Nominating Committee is accepting nominations for the 2014 YWCA of the Coulee Region Tribute to Outstanding Woman Award. The award recognizes and honors women from the Coulee Region who have demonstrated qualities of outstanding leadership and excellence in their professional and personal endeavors in accordance with the mission of the YWCA.
Nominated women should reflect YWCA’s mission: “YWCA of the Coulee Region is dedicated to eliminating racism and empowering women.”
The award criteria changed in 2009 to include more demonstrated involvement in the assistance in the elimination or reduction of racism. Nominees must be associated with UW-L as faculty, academic or classified staff or students. No self-nominations will be accepted.
Awards have traditionally honored women’s contributions in the following areas: non-profit, business/professions, health, education, activist, volunteer, trail blazer, Young Woman of Tomorrow (college or high school student) and “other” category, which may include community development or sports, for example.
Email nominations, along with a brief statement indicating why they are being nominated, by Monday, Aug. 11, to Jaralee Richter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW-L Bookstore seeks qualified candidates for temporary sales associates for up to 20 hours per week for the opening of the fall semester. Associates:
- Operate a cash register to total customer purchases.
- Check out and return textbook rental titles.
- Straighten merchandise, stock shelves, price merchandise.
- Greet customers as they come into the store.
- Answer the telephone.