Employees, students should use extreme caution if coming to campus.
Classes at UW-La Crosse will be canceled beginning at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 29, and all day Wednesday, Jan. 30. The university hopes to resume its regular class schedule Thursday, Jan. 31.
Instructors will communicate with students regarding any alternative plans to regularly scheduled coursework (if applicable) via email and/or the Canvas/D2L site associated with the course.
The following areas remaining open on campus during the class cancelation times — some with special hours noted — include:
Tuesday: building hours 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sono’s: 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Kitchen Classics: 11 a.m to 1:30 p.m.
- La Crosse Café’: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Grilled It: 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Erbert and Gerberts: 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Einstein’s: 7:15 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Cellar: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday: building hours 9 a.m to 9 p.m.
- Sono’s: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Bookstore, Textbook, and Credit Union
- Tuesday: close at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday: closed (includes ID/Card Office, Admissions, and administrative offices)
- Main Dining: 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Chars: 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Badger Street Station: 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Main Dining: 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (Whitney closes at 8 p.m.)
All residence halls
- Tuesday: open regular hours
- Wednesday: open regular hours
- Tuesday: open regular hours, 7:30 a.m.- 1 a.m.
- Wednesday: open 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Recreational Eagle Center
- Tuesday: open 6 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Wednesday: open 6 a.m.-10 p.m.
While University Police service will remain on campus, those with emergencies should call 789-9999 or 911.
Employees should with their supervisors regarding work and any specific work-related concerns. Employees should refer to the UW System Inclement Weather Policy regarding any changes to a regular work schedule.
Use your best judgment in making a decision on whether you can get to campus if road conditions are poor prior to and following the class cancelations.
See more information about the UWL Inclement Weather Plan.