Don’t forget to complete your census
In the rush of dealing with the Coronavirus, we want to ensure that everyone completes the 2020 US Census.
2020 U.S. Census:
Now is the time to complete the 2020 Census. It is important to be counted because these numbers will help determine funding for federal and state programs and services, including Pell Grants. In addition, numbers are used to define local voting districts and state representation in the federal government.
- All students must fill out the Census and should be counted where they go to school, not their hometown. You should be counted at the location where you live and sleep most often. Even if a student has moved back home for the semester, they should still be counted at their school address.
- Faculty/staff: Login via the postcard/letter you received in the U.S. mail. Lost it? Go to: https://my2020census.gov/
Students living off-campus: use your at-school apartment or house address.
- Census Video For College Students – The Census Bureau has created a 2 1/2 minute video to communicate with college students about responding to the 2020 Census based on where they usually live (at school) even if they’re living somewhere else right now due to COVID-19. View it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Ee8ol_LxY.
- Responding without a Census ID – It is possible to respond to the 2020 Census by providing your address, rather than using your household’s Census ID. An FAQ document about this can be found online at https://2020census.gov/content/dam/2020census/materials/partners/2020-01/Responding_Without_Census_ID_FAQ.pdf.
- Complete the census now! (Takes less than 10 minutes) https://my2020census.gov/
Students living on campus:
Students in the residence halls will not need to complete anything for the Census. The university will be uploading the residence hall data. This includes all students who lived in a campus residence hall as of March 13, prior to the COVID-19 move-out process.
Thanks for making UWL count!