Expect heavy traffic on UWL student move-in days, August 30-31.
New and returning UWL students will be moving in to campus residence halls Friday, Aug. 30 and Saturday, Aug 31. Expect a high level of traffic near campus, particularly on the following streets:
- Highway 16 from Interstate 90 (exit 5) to La Crosse Street
- Losey Boulevard from La Crosse Street to Main Street
- La Crosse Street from Losey Boulevard to Oakland Street
- Main Street from Losey Boulevard to 13th Street
- State Street from Losey Boulevard to 13th Street
- 21st Street North from Main Street to Campbell Road
- 22nd Street North from La Crosse Street to Campbell Road
- Campbell Road
Signs will direct traffic around campus. Parking will not be allowed on a few side streets.
“We are thrilled to welcome students back to campus with over 300 volunteers helping with traffic and moving boxes, ” says Lisa Weston, with UWL Residence Life. “We appreciate the patience of the surrounding community with this heavy influx of traffic as we welcome thousands of UWL students to campus.”